Rat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I guess I have to post here before I can do anything else. I was pretty confused for the past few days as to why I couldnt post anywhere, before I finally looked up the facebook page and read that this is what I had to do.... its a little inconvenient but oh well. I will be making more of an introductory post when I can post in Meet My Rat because I have plenty of questions as far as training and handling. This is my girl that I got a few days ago. I will be getting her a friend very soon, hopefully by the end of this week. :) For starters, maybe someone could tell me exactly what kind she is? She looks like she can be either an Argente or a Fawn/Topaz. She has ruby eyes, kinda hard to tell in the picture. I need to take some better ones of her.

Rat Cage Muridae Gerbil Snout

She was a chain pet store "feeder" rat which I understand is a gamble in terms of health. I couldnt help but to fall in love with her though because she has the best personality and she bonded to me INSTANTLY. I actually work at said pet store but this particular store has good management and isnt like a lot of the bad ones you hear about. For the next one I plan on getting, there is an exotics show coming up in my area soon and im hoping that they will have dumbos.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK- I have posted 5+ times in the Say Hello section... still not able to post anywhere else?? Its a little frustrating, I just want to talk about my rat and what kinds of things I can do to help learn and interact with her... Not completely liking this restriction, this is the only forum Ive seen have this rule before.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I've actually joined forums with this rule before. ;) I think it's mostly to prevent spam and help us get to know all new members. If you can't post elsewhere soon, you should PM an administrator to get it taken care of. It may just be taking a bit for the system to register your posts.

In any case, welcome! Cute rattie. :) I can't tell her color perfectly from the photo, but she looks a little light to be Argente or Fawn. Is she a cream like color?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes she is a creamy color. :) With a slightly lighter belly maybe. Ruby eyes. I saw that there was a champangue color which looks more like her, but dont those have pink eyes?

·
Registered
123 Posts
I am thinking you might be an undermarked Siamese. Siamese have that coat color with some darker markings on nose, tail, and feet. I have seen some Siamese with very little dark fur though. Does yours have any darker fur?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts