Rat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,Brand new to rats! My 10 year old daughter had been begging for a rat for awhile (a friend of hers has them) I was very hesitant, mostly because of the tails..but I had hamsters as a kid and didn't find them much fun. My husband talked me into it because he had a rat as a child. So off to pet smart we went. We bought one young dumbo female and a starter rat cage. After getting her home I started researching and learned rats needed buddies. So we bought another female at petco. Then I found the rat cage calculator and learned the rat starter cage was not big enough for one full grown rat. So I started looking for other options. Eventually, I found a cage at the thrift store, it's plenty big..but unfortunately the bar spacing was too big (found that out at 3am, when one of the girls climbed into bed with my daughter). So I covered the outside of the cage with hardware cloth. It works but is not great to look at. Then I found this site. Adopted two tiny blue baby dumbos and ordered the double critter nation! Whew! So happy with our rat girls. My daughter keeps teasing me that I am taking over her pets,!Happy to have found this forum!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts