Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm kym. i live in new zealand and have one pet rat, his brother died last year from skin cancer.

you'll probably see me around here quite a bit now ;)

anyway my rat is just over three years old and lately i've noticed he drags his back feet around. when he gets in his hammock he just leaves his back feet hanging over the side because they can't get up[i help him in if i see him trying to get in.] i think he has bumblefoot but i'm not sure [don't yell at me please! =[ ...] it doesn't really seem to bother him since hes still really active. i can't afford to take him to the vet but i do want to make it more comfortable for him.

so what can i do other than lowering his hammock? should i cover all the floors with fleece? i know if i do this he's just going to try carry it into his 'eating house' so what can i do to stick it down?

thanks

·
Registered
626 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!! Unfortunetly I don't know much about bumble foot but i'm sure if you put a post in the rat care section some one will be glad to help you!! What a sweet boy you have, he looks so cozy in his little hammock! :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts