Rat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Just joining the forum as I've got myself two little lady rats. I had many pet rats as a child, up until my early 20s, but then moved in with a girlfriend who didn't like animals! Having recently found myself single I decided to relive my youth and get some pets again.

So now I'm the proud owner of Tallula and Symarip!

I'm here to look into methods of keeping them entertained and healthy - I live in a small flat in a rickety old Victorian building so don't have many 'safe' places to let them roam around in. Currently I've been letting them loose in the hallway, with the doors to the bathroom and living room / kitchen closed. The bathroom and living room / kitchen have various holes in the walls and appliances that I don't want the girls to crawl inside of so the hallway is the only safe place to let them rumble around in.
Obviously, a hallway isn't very exciting so hopefully this forum will help me find some other means of keeping them happy!

·
Registered
63 Posts
My girls always try to run around my entire room! Some good ideas are just making play places for them! I like to take old boxes, anywhere from Lucky Charm boxes to Coors Light boxes. I cut holes into them and make little windows/dooorways and put them all together! It's easiest to put them together with tape because then after a long day of exploring and playing you can put all the boxes away. A good way to get them to play in the boxes is hiding treats throughout your own little box kingdom, and making little toys to go inside, or buying toys to put inside! The best part is the more boxes you get, the bigger their play place gets!

·
Registered
366 Posts
I have put piles of pillows on the floor for them to dig through. I also have an old Little Tykes dollhouse that they climb all over. Just for variety, I also throw a few paper towel and toilet rolls around because they like tunnels.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Good ideas! You can also make maze races for them! You put treats at the end of the maze and see with rat can get there first! Sometimes they aren't interested in it, but sometimes they love it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts