Rat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im new to this site, but I love rats.

Im a 32 yr old mom of 3 in Central Florida. In May we got Rat number 1, templeton a blue Rex. Now we also have Fival, a blue hooded, Stewart a PEW and Bianca a beige hooded ratlet.

The boys are in a ferret tower and Bianca in a converted bird cage and yes Im looking for a friend for her.

Yesterday while visiting a store Ive never beein in I fell in love with a female hairless, unfortunately she's nursing a litter and not for sale right now.

Im so gld to have found this site, no one else wants to listen to me talk about my ratties

·
Registered
263 Posts
Ah, central Florida! I'm close to UCF-did you see the game?

Welcome to the site, by the way ^w^ Your kids are lucky to have a mom who is supportive of the whole 'Rat' buisness >> I'm still waiting to get my own ratties.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No I am not much into sports, live by the beach.

My kids laugh about all the pets. I was the kid who had nothing so we have frogs, turtles, fish, hamsters and rats. LOL My 10 year old thinks Im nuts.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Ah, well, it was hard to ignore the signs everywhere that were selling UCF stuff. They lost, but not by much :3 (I'm not really into sports either, but it's because my dad watched the game allllll yesterday that we have a hamster now).

I'm sure this site'll help you out tons =3

·
Registered
798 Posts
Welcome, and congrats, I would be wary of a petstore that shows obvious signs of breeding their rats because while they may have good intentions, breeding petstore rats isn't ethical even if they're doing it themselves. Have you considered looking into any of the rescues? I got 3 girls from the SPCA and i love them to death.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Actually I just saw the private breeder I got all of mine from and she now has hairless. The closest rescue is quite far from here and Ive been calling humane society but they have none

·
Registered
236 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Welcome to the forums, cinderella!

Please take a moment to read the site rules and enjoy your stay! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts