Rat Forum banner

hi!

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Lunachick 
#1 ·
this is my first day here, so i have no clue what im doing, just saying hi! i turned 12 the other day and my dad bought me my first rats! i got 2 males named ozzy (im a huge ozzy osbourne fan) and hyper (my sisters rat, he was insane!) they peed and pooped every 5 seconds, it was disgusting! my rat was so calm he just sat there, you could do anything to him. my sisters rat went under dressers and just ran. the next day i found little tiny orangish brownish bugs in their fur so we brought them back to the store :'(.

the day after that i went to the store and they said they only carried females so we got 2 eight and a half week old females. named ozzy and hyper. i check their fur for bugs almost every day now. my sisters rat will hang upside down off your hand! my rat is happy with cuddles and kisses. we have a huge 4 floored cage, for parrots, me and my dad built the other levels. we got them home and they could fit right through the bars! good thing we had they backup cage which is the perfest size for them now.

litter training is going well and ozzy is doing great with learning her name! i bulit them "the rat village" made out of stuff i found in the recycling! ill post pictures by this weekend hopefully. heres a few pictures, sorry this was so long, i have so much to say!

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
rat_ratscal said:
any tips for claw clipping? they are really sharp!
I've heard good things about putting a rough rock or brick where they stand to use the water bottle, it wears them down over time. (It's also nice to have this because if it's cold in your house, the rock should still be a bit warm, and if it's hot, the rock will still be a bit cool.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.