Rat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if hiccuping is normal in rats? Also my boy fell today from the second balcony but landed on something soft--- he is allright now but I am worried about him. I think he is fine he is walking around. My boy is hiccuping and sneezing could it be a respitory infection?

·
Registered
10,641 Posts
hiccupping is normal in rats, but is usually silent rhythmic jerks. If its noisy you may have a URI starting up. Is there any other symptoms besides sneezing?

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The hiccuping is slient and the sneezing not so often. The second balcony isn't that high from the ground and he is walking around and eating. He is fine--- but prayers and good thoughts are appreciated thanks

·
Registered
10,641 Posts
Even longer falls are usually no problem, but its heart wrenching for us. Unless its a really bad fall, if he's showing no signs of pain or sprained limbs then he's just fine.

Sounds like you should just keep an eye on the sneezing for it to worsen or secondary symptoms to show up. :)

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am just a worrier but hes had a lot of illness issues in the past and I worry about him

1 - 7 of 7 Posts