Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the past several days now, I've been going a little crazy, wondering if Magic is not a PEW, but actually himalayan. I kept looking at her nose closely, because it seemed a little dark, but then I'd dismiss it because I thought the spot on her nose might just be thinner fur, like around her ears. Today though it seemed noticeably more tan than pink, so I tried to get a picture of it.

It definitely shows up in the pictures. But that definitely wasn't there before! Just last week she was nice and white. And her backend is still pure white around her tail. I can't recall exactly how old she is now, maybe 3 months max. Is this when himis typically start showing their colors? Is she still himi even with just a spot on her nose but not around her tail? Do himis go from being pure white to having darker points out of nowhere?

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Himis darken and smeezes fade... Could very well be a himi, I suppose... Himis are colored on the nose, feet, and tail, I think...

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If it took this long for her nose to darken, maybe the other points will too. Or maybe not... what would she be with just a spot on her nose? ^^;

·
Registered
10,641 Posts
Himi's can take up to 4 months to "colour up". I checked that with a reputable breeder friend of mine. I too went thru the "is she? is she not?" not long ago with Suri, and did the exact same post LOL

Here is one of me "Am I crazy or do you see a smudge too?" pics.

You will notice the tips of the ears darkening soon as well. Himi colour depends on the weather from what I have heard and it can be darker one day and really light the next. :)

She's 13 weeks old and still only has a wee smudge on her nose and her ear tips darkening.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lilspaz, that's so funny you just went through that too! I think this is pretty cool, since I've been wanting a siamese or himi - and I had one all along! ^_^

I checked back on the thread in Rats Needing Homes to get her age when that was posted, and she's about 14 or 15 weeks old right now (8O time goes so fast!), so she's almost 4 months. She definitely *just* started darkening. This is a picture I took of her over the weekend:

It's kind of exciting now, waiting to see how (/if) her points develop! :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts