Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here’s a funny story. Both my rats love Cheerios and sitting on my shoulder. So I thought it would be amusing if I were to pre-deploy a Cheerio in my ear for them to find. Well needless to say they found them right away and ate them. So just for fun I stuck another one in my ear for their (and my) entertainment. About this time my wife (who absolutely hates rats) walks in and sees Oreo on my shoulder eating a Cheerio. I don’t know how she figured it out but she asks me if I was putting Cheerios in my ear for Oreo to find. I knew she wouldn’t find it as entertaining as I would so I said no. About this time Oreo was done with his Cheerio and starting poking around in my ear looking for another one. When I say poking I mean he was digging, he had both his front paws holding onto the outside of my ear and his nose was foraging as far as it would reach inside my ear for about 15 seconds. My wife witnessed the whole thing. Well this obviously gave the game away and I couldn’t help but start laughing uncontrollably. I'm 44 years old and I suddenly felt like a kid who got caught with his hand in the cookie jar. She was grossed out by it and didn’t see the humor in it.

I didn’t have the guts to tell her sometimes when they groom my moustache they find food there too and I'm okay with it.

Does anyone else here do anything like this?

·
Registered
421 Posts
lol, thats funny! My husband is the same way as your wife. He doesnt hate the rats but will tell you he def. likes dogs more.(although he loves the little dumbo baby) He gets grossed out when the girlies thouroughly lick my lips looking for anything yummy. To me its no different than having the dog give me kisses. :)

·
Registered
482 Posts
My boyfriend was the one who let me buy Addo in the first place, and looked after him for a couple of months while we were moving from seperate places to our own! He says he likes them but I'm the one who really takes care of them.

He's perfectly happy to hold them and snuggle them, but the dirty work is my job ;)

·
Registered
722 Posts
That's adorable! My boyfriend JUST started liking my rats- he used to hate it when they would stick their noses in my ear or up my nose. Or when Jay would lick my lips. He's fine with them now, though... he even lets them groom him!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts