Rat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so, i have my two boys, remi and gus. i've only had them for a few days. anyway, i've been trying to handle them as much as possible, but tell me if you think this is wierd. so, we have playtime in the bathroom and remi hates when i hold him but he ventures alllll over the place in the bathroom. gus hates when i pick him up normally. but whenever we have playtime in the bathroom he will not leave my lap. he still hates to be picked up but he doesn't have a problem crawling all over me. even when i put him on the floor to go play he just scurries right back onto my lap. but when i try to get him out of the cage he just stares at me like "girl, are you crazy?" and clings onto the cage when i try to get him out. what does this mean?????

·
Registered
421 Posts
Sounds like he still hasnt totally adjusted. If he is still clinging onto the cage when you try to hold him or if he doesnt want to be picked up maybe the bathroom playtime is just overwhelming for him right now. Or he just might not be as curious and adventurous as the other. I know with all my girls right from the start, they felt the safest on my shoulders in a hooded sweatshirt. If theyre playing outside the cage and something startles them everyone runs back to mom for shoulder safety. I dont know why they pick this spot.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts