Rat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So *another deep breath*
I decided to take the whole group of rats I had been loking after now that they need new homes. However, the breeder wants 1/2 of the group back, now I know there are contracts involved but I asked her what her adoption criteria was not if I could just have them. I know breeders have the rats well being in mind but if that is the case why does she only want half the group?
8O :cry:

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
This is the girl you were ratsitting for? The one who essentially tricked you into having them abandoned with you?

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I dont think it was a trick, she wasnt assuming I was going to take them all. Whatever I can provide a home for the whole group. The breeder seems so set on having her half of the group back, not the whole group but just her two :(
I feel really sad and angry, they have settled in so well now. I think it would be better if she wanted to take all of them...

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
If half the group is hers and half the group isn't and she knows you're taking them there's no reason for her to take the whole lot. The breeder just wants to keep track of their rats. And I'm sure you'll likely end up keeping the whole lot. :)

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just thought she would want the group together.
Well hopefully she'll rehome them via the forum and I get first dibbs cus I have their cage mates

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Talk to her about it, and filling out an adoption contract if you want to. Also I would inquire about what situation they are going into and ask to see the contract as you've been entrusted in their care right now and you want to make sure all loose ends are tied up and she has an actual RIGHT to take them back.

I don't know, sounds fishy to me. I mean if you want to keep them all together and don't want her to take those two then fight for it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts