Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so, right now i just have remi. a small young male. but tomorrow i am getting his brother, they have only been separated for a day and a half. but, originally being uneducated about my rats needs, i got a small cage just for one full sized rat. the stupid girl at the store didn't mention that it is far better to have two rats. now i have really done my homeowork so i am getting his brother. anyway, bigger cages are much more expensive than the one i have now, so do you think remi and his brother, emile, will be ok for a couple of weeks in this one?
*keep in mind that they are both very small. not much bigger than my palm.

·
Registered
549 Posts
If you have two babies you might be better off with a smaller cage. Smaller cages tend to have smaller bar spacing, something that isn't usually an issue with full grown boys. Make sure to take them out for lots of play time so they have room to run and play

·
Registered
482 Posts
How big is the cage? Do you have pictures? Or maybe a picture of something similar?

·
Registered
722 Posts
I would probably get something bigger... people at pet stores usually try selling realllllly small cages. Be careful about bar spacing like glindella said- you don't want anyone escaping! But you can easily wrap the cage in wire mesh, so it's not a big concern.

·
Registered
549 Posts
yeah... I should have been clearer, you will need to eventually buy a larger cage either way :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts