Rat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally have my cage done, I think it turned out pretty good. I still need to get a lot more accesories and I'm in the process of sewing a couple of hammocks.

Its 68" tall, 30" wide, and 12" deep, I know its not too deep but its the best I could do with the wood I had to choose from.

Tell me what you think.

Bottom

They seem to enjoy it :D

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
i think the two of them will have a ball in it! just wondering though, what did you use to coat the wood to protect it from urine? there seems to be an interest in making grottos right now and the coating of the wood is an important step. i'm sure someone would appreciate the information on how its working for you and i'm just plain curious

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
WOW! Nice cage.

My question is, how long do you think it will take until there's like, six more ratties running around in there? GRM's coming for ya!

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Lovely cage. Are the ladders sealed as well?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
CaptianFlow said:
My question is, how long do you think it will take until there's like, six more ratties running around in there? GRM's coming for ya!
As soon as I can find a breeder or rats needing rescue! Haha.

Forensic said:
Lovely cage. Are the ladders sealed as well?
Yup. Everything is sealed, I did not want to take the chance of having pee soak in to anything, because that would smell horrible. Haha.

·
Registered
447 Posts
What kind of wood r did i use? how much did the materials cost? Im having problems figuring out a good way to build a good bookshelf cage

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I used regular untreated wood, the whole thing costed about $80. It took me a peroid of three weeks, but I only worked on weekends for a couple of hours.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Im starting mine this weekend. I'm using yours as inspiration if that's alright? But i think I'll make it like a little more than half yours' size. Where did you shop? Lowes? home depot?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts