Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would honey be safe to feed my rats it's not like the store bought processed honey it's fresh honey since I live in Texas and am lucky enough to live near fresh honey I was curious how safe it would be to give them thanks

·
Registered
555 Posts
Would honey be safe to feed my rats it's not like the store bought processed honey it's fresh honey since I live in Texas and am lucky enough to live near fresh honey I was curious how safe it would be to give them thanks
It's apparently good for their digestive systems, so I'm guessing just dipping your fingers in it and letting them lick it off every so often would be fine :)

·
Banned
6,244 Posts
I was using honey to disguise tumor meds for Max, it didn't work until I smeared it on an oatmeal cookie which she would eat... She's a smart old rat and hard to fool..

Cloud on the other hand discovered the honey jar so I just drizzled it into her mouth as she stood up and drank it, her honey was naturally med free.

Like kids I suppose rats love honey unless it's being used to disguise medication...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts