Rat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Forensic, I thought the same.
You also seem so wise because your rat in the avatar(is that guiness?) looks like he needs a pair of glasses, like an old wise rat(teenage mutant ninja turtle rat maybe...)

I've had rats since April. But i've cared for them at the store for 1 1/2 years.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Forensic said:
I read a lot.

I just hope I don't sound like a know-it-all... because I don't. :(
no, i get excited when i see you've posted. cuz i love reading what you hav to say :)

EDIT: and if you were outside my door when im on the forum you can hear : YAY! forensic answered my thread!

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
chrisstrikeagain said:
Forensic, I thought the same.
You also seem so wise because your rat in the avatar(is that guiness?) looks like he needs a pair of glasses, like an old wise rat(teenage mutant ninja turtle rat maybe...)
That's Baileys. :lol: And actually, if rats could wear glasses, he'd need some, ruby eyes and all... :lol:

·
Registered
981 Posts
I got rats when I was a Sophomore in college, so that was...about four years ago?

There were three different rats back then, but none were all that healthy and they probably didn't survive over a year. One of them attacked me pretty badly and after that I got afraid of rats, so it was a couple years later until I got rats again. I'm now very glad that I gave them another shot, I wish I'd known then what I know now about rats.

So total I'd say I've had rats about two years.

Forensic, I was also shocked to see you say only a year. You know so much! (And I don't think you come off as a know-it-all, just extremely helpful)

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I first got rats a looong time ago, about third grade, I think. We went to the petstore because my sister wanted fish, and I wanted mice. The guy convinced us rats were better. So I had a total of 11 rats (whom I can still all name!) between then and sophomore year in high school. And these girls, my third start at having rats, I've had for about a month.

And more time owning rats doesn't always mean the person is a better pet parent! Believe me, I know. During those 9 years I owned rats before, I was at best a sufficient rat owner. Meaning, they lived, and some lived for quite a long time, but it was not the best care they should have been recieving. My first ones lived in a 10 gallon aquarium (which I made a topper for about the third rat in), I always used pine for bedding, I kept some rats alone (though I tried for pairs most of the time) and even when I made the switch from rat seed/corn mix to lab blocks, it was Kaytee brand. But that was BEFORE the internet, and thank goodness for this giant pool of fabulous knowledge available to us all!

·
Registered
227 Posts
I had my girly since August 28th of last year.

She was actually a birthday present. I bird-sat my mother-in-law's bird and really enjoyed it, so she was going to get me a bird. I told my husband to let her know I actually really wanted a rat. So there was Jezebel.

I'm hoping to get another rat near December after this college semester finishes.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I think I got them my sophomore year in high school... That colony died off my senior year, and now as a sophomore in college I once again have rats... so I guess that works out to be about... three+ ish years?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
we got ginger & loco november last year, soot & ash in february this year, meggsy in june, and cirrus, nimbus & spazz last friday :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts