Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question: I live in Belgium and we are facing our first heat wave since ages.. I bought an aurconditioner to keep the room cool. But is it ok for the rats? They wont get sick from it?

·
Registered
870 Posts
I imagine that most of us in the US have our rats in air conditioning. Just be sure the air doesn't blow directly on them and they should be fine.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I live upstairs with my sister in two adjacent rooms. We both have our own window air conditioners that we keep running on low and it circulates enough cool air to keep the upstairs at about 65-70 degrees. My Hartley gets flair ups really easily and he hasn't had any since we put the air conditioners up so I really don't think that will be a problem as long as you don't put it directly in front of them. I would make sure you make little nests for them with things like fleece that they can curl up in if they for some reason feel a chill. Just pay attention to how they act. If you notice that they are hiding more often then usual, or trying to escape the 'cool' air from the air conditioner, consider turning it down for them until you notice that they are stable and comfortable!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks everyone, and I'm glad to report that they all survived the heatwave with the airconditioning, a lot of fresh cool water and pea-bobbing (first time I tried it and they LOVED it!)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.