Rat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today i was talking to my Mom and Dad more about getting 2 female rats for Christmas. As we talked and i explained their needs etc. we pretty much decided
IM GETTING RATS FOR CHRISTMAS!
Im so excited i cant wait.

So as im asking here how big are full grown female rats?

Thanks, Austin

·
Registered
418 Posts
Betty weighs 11 ounces and is about 8 inches long not including her tail, with her tail she's about 14 inches. She is almost a year old so she's full grown (at least in length, she might get a little rounder :D ). The pictures were taken with a twelve inch stick. She wouldn't stand still long enough to get a decent picture, but hopefully they will help a little.

·
Registered
3,509 Posts

This is Lou, she's my biggest female (fattest too, haha)

She's not fully stretched out either, fully stretched she's maybe 9 1/2 - 10 inches (not incl. tail)

Remember though - each rat is different. I have 4 sisters, each of whom are COMPLETELY different in size. I have one almost as big as Lou, and the smallest is almost half her size. I guess you'll never know what you get until they stop growing :D

EDIT:

Betty is gorgeous by the way! XD

·
Registered
549 Posts
I love the top pic of betty! its like shes saying "Nooooo pikture! I gotsa cwean muh fwace!"

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Lilspaz, in the 2nd pic from bottom, back right, looks like your little rattie is giving a big ole grin hamming for the camera! LOL

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
lilspaz, your kyrie looks like my ginger... about the same size and colour... and she's my biggest girl.

·
Registered
10,641 Posts
Hahaha...Kyrie is actually from New Brunswick. They had a terrible rat situation there and she, her sister Kamali and the rest of her litter went on a very long rat train with some dedicated rescuers to come to me. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts