Rat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when there are three of them and they are always together? I'm thinking that by just keep using their names they are all going to answer to all three names, and I should have just called them all "Rat" to make it easier on everyone :)

·
Registered
870 Posts
Whenever I picked a rat up, I called it by name. Whenever I gave a rat a treat, I called it by name. Every time I stopped by the cage to give kisses and cuddles, I called the rat in my hands by name. When they were out, again whichever one was in my hands was called by name. They all learned their names and if they chose, they came when called.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Absolutely agree with raindeer. That is exactly what I do and how mine learned their names.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I attempted to do a name training session with my rats and it seemed impossible.
Not only are my boys super lazy, they're also needy. I put them on a long coffee table in my room -_- and sat at the other end..

Roger (the littlest/most shy) just tried to find ways to jump on the coffee table.
Other than that, my boys would just run straight to me anyway, it was rather frustrating.

I'm just going to stick with what you guys do. haha, seems easier.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks - I'll give it a try. Wish my boys were motivated by food - never imagined rats, especially 3, would be so uninterested in food. I am putting it down to them being so new to us.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts