Rat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Im just wondering how long you hug or cuddle your rats for or scratch them for each day?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Freeroam should be at least an hour a day in my opinion. Actually holding them nd kissies and such, i give 15-30minutes, varyin on the day. Too long and i get pooped on.

The only way to over do it is to hold them so long they cant eat,drink, or sleep.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
However long they'll let me.

They usually want to run and climb (except for Puck)

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
chrisstrikeagain said:
Too long and i get pooped on.
Bahahaha! :lol: *ahem* Sorry, I mean, aww! *snicker*

And I agree with Forensic, as long as they'll allow it - just don't forget to give them water/food/potty breaks, once in a while. :)

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I can't really do that with any of my rats ^^; Rokk will let me hold him and pet him for a few minutes , but then he wants to go play (usually he comes back every now and then for a skritch and to give me some kisses...it's so cute!) The girls just climb all over me until I set them down somewhere (or move close enough to something they can jump onto) and then they're off exploring ^_^

·
Registered
66 Posts
Numerous times through out the day!! Ducky is our lap boy and will gladly snuggle up for a nap and some pets, Thumper on the other hand wants to run run run and play LOL He will sit for a quick scratch then its off to explore some more.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i work at home so it makes it pretty easy to spend time with mine. she sits with me for usually about 30 min at a time, 4 or 5 times a day...so about 2 or 3 hours with me in total.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Numerous times throughout the day as well, for me. I can't allow them to freeroam until I can figure out a safe place for them to do it. My room is in the basement and thats where the cats stay the majority of the time. It's also too large and too many things there to let a rat loose. So the only options are the main floor and upstairs, which would mean, I'd have to keep the dogs away somewhere. So at this time, they ride around on my shoulder and such.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I am constantly petting or cuddling my rat. A lot of time he cuddles up on my lap when I'm on the computer. During free roaming time sometimes he will hop on my lap for a massage. If he is laying down under the bed or somewhere I will pet him from the tip of his nose all the way to where the tail starts. He will wag his tail and close his eyes. Right now the only reason why he isn't on my lap is because he is sleeping and he is not allowed to leave his cage until he eats more of his meds. I have a tendency to stay up late until early morning. Right now it is 2:56AM. Sometimes I will grab him and lay on the bed and make a cave with the covers and he will cuddle up to me and sleep for a couple hours while I pet and cuddle him. Then once I start having a hard time keeping my eyes open I put him back in his cage. Then I finally go to sleep for the night.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
My rats get two hours out each day in groups. Since I have thirteen and I have boys and girls (none of them altered) I take them out by cages. Mr. Sniffles, Sebastian, Blaze and Gir all come out together. Then Jackson, Iriquois, and Little Man come out. I can usually take little man and jackson out with the other boys because they all get along for a bit. Then Bill will come out He is a loner rat right now while introductions are under way bt things are going very very very slow with that. Then I take three of my girls out Precious, Meeha and Mrs. Sniffles. Then Sugar Bear comes out for a little while usually she wants back in her cage before the two hours are up though. then celest gets time out whenever I am at my computer or watching tv. I should mention that I am an insomniac and I never really leave my house LoL. Plus some of my boys go places with me when I do eventually leave. they also get to play with my children. Goodness seeing it all typed out I realize now why everyone thinks I am crazy LoL I spend most all of normal waking hours with my rats rather than human interaction. *shrugs* I also am up from 9 am till usually 6 am so I guess that makes a difference LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts