Rat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reggie is booked in for his neuter on friday, how long is it until his hormones will be significantly reduced? I feel like i read 6-8 weeks somewhere but i cant find that now and i dont want to risk intros too early as i fear that Reggie will cause serious harm to the other in his current hormonal state!

Im really nervous about his surgery, I trust my vet and i know she is good with small animals but his unknown age makes me really worried about how he will take to the anaesthetic, i hope he is ok <3

·
Registered
117 Posts
My doctor told me about 30 days after surgery when I had my boy neutered. I hope it all goes well for you and reggie!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ooooo thats good not as long as i thought then. Fingers crossed all goes well and he can start be be re-intergrated with the other in a month! xxx

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Reggie didnt make it :'( he came out of the surgery fine but a few hours later he became lathargic so they put him in a oxygen tank and on a heat mat but he had a massive seizure and passed away :'(. They think he might of had a brain tumor which would explain why over the last few months he has gotten increasingly aggressive, it had got to the point where i could only handle him with huge thick gardening gloves :( xxx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts