Rat Forum banner

How long until introductions

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  kaylaface 
#1 ·
I was just wondering, how long I should wait until I should end quarantine and introduce? I'm going to wait longer then three weeks, and have a vet check and soon as I get it all saved up. There is another thread I started about a rat I got off of craigslist here: http://www.ratforum.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=5408.html

At this point I don't think it's a respiratory thing, just really really underfed. Do you think I should get him up to his proper weight or close to it before they are introduced? (unless thats just what happens before quarantine is over) He seems so fragil to me at this point.

#2 ·
my rat has URI and they are living in the same cage. you can start off by putting there cages next to eachother and give them a nice bath together. after you feel comforable with them and seem to like eachother than you can clean the cage the best you can, rearrange everything and tudu.

#3 ·
As long as no other problems show while your quarantining and he is strong enough to be part of a group I would say three weeks worth of weight gain would be enough. Rats gain and lose weight pretty fast, three plus weeks should put a decent amount back on him

#4 ·
Bulk that baby up, like glindella says, and then see how he gets on. You never know, maybe he might thrive with other rats around, giving him encouragement and making him a happy little rattie. There's nothing worse than feeling like (well you know) and being on your own

Again, above is applicable as long as no other problems crop up :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.