Rat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I was wondering all of the animals and their name everyone has!
For example:
I have 4 rats, Zade, Ava, Mia, and Von.
I also have a male hybrid Russian dwarf hamster named Ama
I have a pygmy goat named Striper
I have a pig named Petunia
What about you?

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have 4 animals.

2 rats, Fay and Nova
and 2 Cats, Chicken and Lily

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have 1 dog, he's a 10 month old Alaskan Malamute/Border Collie mix named Link.
I also have 13 rats, 7 girls and 6 boys.

Girls :
Phoebe
Piper
Paige
Prue
Ember
Panda
Starbuck

Boys :
Cole
Wyatt
Leo
Apollo
Fievel
Nimh

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
I have 26 pets.

15 rats.
2 dogs- a male husky named Koda & a female chi/poodle mix named Trixie
5 cats- Kisa, Keeba, Kye, Kit & Kira
4 Guinea pigs

·
Registered
50 Posts
I thought I had a lot of pets! I have 9. 2 female rats: Bunny, Duck. 2 male rats: Monkey, Wolf. 3 cats: Kratos, Delilah, Enigma. 1 dog: Harlequin. 1 bearded dragon: Starswirl the Bearded.

·
Premium Member
3,636 Posts
3 - two cockatiels and a cat. ;D

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have a total of nine pets!!

2 dogs- Blackjack & Echo
2 cats- Salt & Pepper
2 rats- Cindy & Rorie
1 horse- Liam
1 snake- Cypress
1 gecko- Pumpkin Spice Latté

(photos are in order with list)

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have a total of 7 pets.

2 dogs: Raffi & Perry
3 cats: Bella & MooMoo & Alice
2 rats: Toby & Ben

·
Registered
143 Posts
2 dogs: 12-year-old golden retriever(rescue) and 2-year-old poodle mix(adopted)
4 cats: 3 rescues, one adopted
4 rats:1 adopted, 3 lrescues from a lab
1 parrot: rescued from horrid living conditions (he used to be neglected, abused and fed solely on sunflower seeds)
3 pigeons: 1 baby, 1 too imprinted on humans to be released, one waiting to be released as soon as her wing heals

That's 14 animals under my protection and sometimes I have even more.

·
Registered
42 Posts
2 dogs: 12-year-old golden retriever(rescue) and 2-year-old poodle mix(adopted)
4 cats: 3 rescues, one adopted
4 rats:1 adopted, 3 lrescues from a lab
1 parrot: rescued from horrid living conditions (he used to be neglected, abused and fed solely on sunflower seeds)
3 pigeons: 1 baby, 1 too imprinted on humans to be released, one waiting to be released as soon as her wing heals

That's 14 animals under my protection and sometimes I have even more.
Wow! It's amazing how many animals you've rescued, like a saint :eek:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Wow! It's amazing how many animals you've rescued, like a saint :eek:
Hahaha I just would never buy an animal. I think I bought fish and mice when I was like 12 and after that I always felt terrible.

There are so many animals roaming the streets and being abused that I thought I would like to dedicate my life to help them out, and that's what I do whenever I can, but it keeps my economy hurt ;D The thing is that I can never say "no" to an animal when I happen to see one on the streets. Sometimes I find them other homes but adopters sure are hard to find, so I ended with more animals than I ever considered to have. The rats are the exception because I really wanted to have rats my whole life and when I got the opportunity, I adopted the girls. The rest are all knock-ups lol

But thank you for calling me a saint, it feels nice when old ladies usually yell "Demon" at me.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hahaha I just would never buy an animal. I think I bought fish and mice when I was like 12 and after that I always felt terrible.

There are so many animals roaming the streets and being abused that I thought I would like to dedicate my life to help them out, and that's what I do whenever I can, but it keeps my economy hurt ;D The thing is that I can never say "no" to an animal when I happen to see one on the streets. Sometimes I find them other homes but adopters sure are hard to find, so I ended with more animals than I ever considered to have. The rats are the exception because I really wanted to have rats my whole life and when I got the opportunity, I adopted the girls. The rest are all knock-ups lol

But thank you for calling me a saint, it feels nice when old ladies usually yell "Demon" at me.
That is so commendable, I'm currently saying up so i have the funds and supplies so do the same, I only have 4 animals atm but they were all rescues, one is a cat from a house that never looked after him or fed him properly, another is a rat who was kept alone in a near empty small cage for over a year of his short life, and another 2 rats which i saved from a pet store with very very poor dirty conditions, i down right refused to pay and threatened to get the pdsa or a similar organization involved if they did not improve the living conditions, luckily a week later they had actually improved to the point all the animals were being properly looked after, i go back regulary just to check >.< some people really boil my blood like

·
Registered
29 Posts
Great topic!!!!!
Six rats-my daughter changes the names all the time.
Callie is an American Bull Dog
Sophie is an American Staffordshire
Chii is a Munchkin tuxedo cat
Stumpy is a bobtailed Manx tuxedo
Ninja is a tuxedo
Boo is a small black cat
Levon is a ginger tabbie who rules all the other creatures
Mr Foote is a gray and white American shorthair
Then we have a tank of Koi's and goldfish...to amuse the cats of course.

Bye the bye I think the concept of "rescuing" is over rated sometimes. Obviously you want to get your dogs and cats from shelters and never breeders or pet shops. But fish...I cannot go out and rescue a Koi. My rats are from a local pet shop, however the bulk of sales in this store are pet foods and reptiles. The poor ratties are bred in the backroom bathroom. I feel that getting these poor rats is saving them from being dinner. So yes they are indeed rescues.

·
Registered
143 Posts
That is so commendable, I'm currently saying up so i have the funds and supplies so do the same, I only have 4 animals atm but they were all rescues, one is a cat from a house that never looked after him or fed him properly, another is a rat who was kept alone in a near empty small cage for over a year of his short life, and another 2 rats which i saved from a pet store with very very poor dirty conditions, i down right refused to pay and threatened to get the pdsa or a similar organization involved if they did not improve the living conditions, luckily a week later they had actually improved to the point all the animals were being properly looked after, i go back regulary just to check >.< some people really boil my blood like
That is really nice!
I always say that if everyone goes out there to look after a stray animal there wouldn't be any poor animal out there suffering any more. But please consider adding one animal at a time and wait until you are really sure that you can have more because sometimes you can have sudden sicknesses passing from one animal to the other of the same species and the odds of one of them passing by it is greater and with the more animals you have, the more losses you'll experience. I usually see from 1 to 5 animals die per year (that's usually one stray cat with bad health and some birds because they are usually really weak when they get here and they are fragile in general). Losing animals is never easy, at least not for me. Even when you think you are used to that happening, because most times there's nothing you or a vet can do about it, your heart always breaks a little bit.

Great topic!!!!!
Six rats-my daughter changes the names all the time.
Callie is an American Bull Dog
Sophie is an American Staffordshire
Chii is a Munchkin tuxedo cat
Stumpy is a bobtailed Manx tuxedo
Ninja is a tuxedo
Boo is a small black cat
Levon is a ginger tabbie who rules all the other creatures
Mr Foote is a gray and white American shorthair
Then we have a tank of Koi's and goldfish...to amuse the cats of course.

Bye the bye I think the concept of "rescuing" is over rated sometimes. Obviously you want to get your dogs and cats from shelters and never breeders or pet shops. But fish...I cannot go out and rescue a Koi. My rats are from a local pet shop, however the bulk of sales in this store are pet foods and reptiles. The poor ratties are bred in the backroom bathroom. I feel that getting these poor rats is saving them from being dinner. So yes they are indeed rescues.
What do you mean by "over rated"? I really didn't get it, sorry.

I am always uncomfortable with the idea of animals being traded for money as if they were things so I actually chose not to have animals I can't rescue or adopt, though I would love to have fish or horses, or pretty much any animal in the world.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
10!

7 rattie-kins - (2 groups, 3 in one group, 4 in another) Berki, Aoife, Charlie, Mouse (all 2), Rocco, Mochi, and Olallie. (all 1) All are spayed or neutered except for Aoife.
2 rabbits - Finnegan (neutered male, 6) and Bonnie (spayed female, 8 )
and most recently,
1 dog - Sachi spayed female, about 5

Would love to get a cat or a second dog sometime soon though! Our local shelter is hardcore advertising their black kitties and pit bulls that need homes, and I'm very tempted!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I've got 7 animals.
6 rats (Romeo, Jellybean, Biscuit, Shadow, Bolt, and Lucifer)
1 rabbit (Calcifer)

·
Registered
908 Posts
Many pets... lol.. let's see.
6 rats
1 cat
3 crested geckos
1 blue tongue skink
10 snakes
2 dwarf robo hamsters
So that's....23 critters. I'm lucky that we have space to have a dedicated critter room for my pets (excepting the cat that can go anywhere in the house except the critter room).

1 of my surviving rats was adopted (from a litter left at petco... I adopted 4, but the others have died at this point). The other rats are from a breeder. The cat is a rescue, from a litter under my grandmother's house that was killed by a dog.. We rescued the only two survivors.. His brother now lives with my parents. The snakes, BTS, and Geckos are all from breeders, either purchased online or in person at reptile expos. The hamsters were also purchased at the pet store.. I'd rather purchase from a good small breeder, but no one in my area works with small animals (so your only option is the pet store).

I'm actually going to another reptile show this weekend, so who knows, i might come home with yet another scaley baby lol. That isn't the plan though..I'm mainly going to pickup a custom cage for my BTS.

1 - 20 of 165 Posts