Rat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm going to be getting a FN soon.. YAY.. and I was wondering what you guys would recommend as a good number of MALES to keep in it? Right now I have 7 in 2 separate cages and I would like to be able to put them all in the FN. Is there enough room in it for them all? They all get along great and rarely even have scuffles and LOVE their free ranging time together.. I just wanna be sure they won't be too cramped..

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Technically 12 in the 142. I have 6 in mine, but seven could be feasible. Just make sure they have lots of hammocks and such.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the response, Forensic. I just wanted to make surre before I went and ordered one.

How do you like it?

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I LOVE it. It's easy to clean and decorate. :)

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
i'm really enjoying my cat cage transformed into a rat cage. the one i have can fit 11 and it cost me $90 after accessories. perhaps you can look in the route for an alternative to the FN. they have large doors too. the whole front doesn't open up in the ones i've seen but you can still fit your whole body in the door just fine. and either one you have cover for young rats or average sized females so that doesn't make much difference.

·
Registered
447 Posts
To surely check the space type the dimensions of the cage in the rat calculator and itll tell u how many can fit!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts