1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
I think I payed about $45.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I know a vet in my area that does it for $35. It really just depends on your vet! Also, if a vet does charge a ridiculously high amount it might indicate that he or she is not comfortable with doing the surgery. Though it is not uncommon for neutering to cost $80 or more, even with an experienced vet. It depends on the area you live in too.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
I've heard of it being as low as $25 to $30 when multiple rats were being done & I've heard of it being as high as $200

I think $200 is high but I'm also old enough to know about the saying "you get what you pay for"

I found a web site that lists vets that specialize in exotics, it might help you narrow down your search & by all means, when you think you have found a vet that you will use post their name & see if you get any first hand feedback.

www.aemv.org

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I paid $100 for my two boys to get neutered. My vet is an exotic vet, and he sometimes only charges me for one visit when I bring in multiple ratties :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone.

I plan on getting two boys once I build my cage, and I figured it would be a better idea to get them neutered then have them seperated from my females.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts