Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got two baskets new and was wondering if it could be from that. I know that new things sometime make rats sneeze. I hope its just from that. Also are rats prone to illness more in the winter? She seems to be acting fine other than that-- Right now she is climbing all over me and hiding in a blanket.

I guess I will just have to watch her. The one male rat seems to be recovering well from his illness. Tommorrow is clean out cages day and I am going to rinse the baskets out as well and another new thing. Also does having the heat turned on have anything to do with sneezing?

·
Registered
187 Posts
If you've just turned on the furnaces, then yes, because it's pushing all the dust out of the vents. If they don't stop sneezing in a few days, then I'd be looking for more symptoms like porphyrin, loss of appetite, loss of energy and a trip to the vet to check on the lungs might be in order.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We did just turn on the heat full time-- I haven't heard any sneezing this morning. I am hoping thats all it is. I mean they all have lots of energy. I guess we will just have to watch.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts