Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I know that male rats tend to be lazy, but they are hyper as babies. My Lich has just recently started to act really lazy, and got him last September and he wasn't full grown, probably like ten or eleven weeks old. sooo I'm thinking like five months old? thats my best guess. I just want to know if this is close to the age when they tend to slow up a bit. I'm a little paranoid since I lost Eeyore, a old boy I got off of craigs list. I worry he had something contagious. I did QT but I still worry because they were in the same house. :roll:

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
5-6 months is about when male rats hit their hormonal period (think adolesence). That's about when my boys calmed down some too, though they still have their hyper times! :lol:

If he has often signs of illness than just lethargy (off food or drink, poofy fur, excessive porphyrin, etc) then I'd get him looked at.

My boys are lazy, but they Loooooove food and come running when I come near the cage in hopes of treats. So I know they're fine. :)

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok that sounds like Lich. He doesn't seem sick at all, just suddenly starting to act pretty Lazy. ^_^ And like your boys he comes running for treats. whew. Thanks for the reply.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts