Rat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that there was one rat who lived to be 7, but that's probably really, really rare. Most people I've talked to say you're lucky to get two years out of rats. The internet says 2-4. Is 4 years really a stretch? I just wanted to know, how old was/is your oldest rat? Did you do anything to keep them around as long as you did? Much thanks.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I have a topic I just made in the health section last night that will have ages of rats when they passed, but only when they've passed. I asked what they died of too.
Right now my rat Cami is the oldest at 2 years and 3 months. She's survived her first two cage mates and is with two that are less than a year old. You go baby <3
Mammal Rat Vertebrate Mouse Whiskers

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for letting me know. I didn't know someone had posted anything similar as I haven't been very active on the forums for the last couple of days

·
Registered
996 Posts
Two years and approximately four months so far is the max I've gotten out of a rat. =/ Eevee is hanging in there though! Maybe we'll get longer... but she is covered in tumors and though she is in good spirits now, she could go downhill fast. I don't actually know how old she was when I got her, but I got her February of 2013. She's outlived all my other rats so far whom I either didn't get a full two years with or only two years and maybe a month. Then there was Bartok who only lived to a year and a half.

·
Registered
82 Posts
My oldest girl was just over 4 years actually. She was a feeder rat, and she actually wasn't people-social at all. She ended having multiple canceorus tumors so she was put down, but other than that she was very healthy! My youngest to pass was 1 year 6 months. My current oldest girl turns two in July. :)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Tybalt was a month shy of 3 years old. Cato is currently two and a half and acts like he's six months old. I swear he's going to live forever! He runs, jumps, climbs, sprints, you name it! He has started moving a bit slower, but he's still super active.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts