Rat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this page a long time ago, and I found it pretty fascinating. It explains why rats don't often make distinctions between colors but can tell even without sniffing if they have scent-marked stuff (UV rays).

I have found info like this in other places, so it's not really just made up here, but take it as you will. Just thought it was neat to share. Might help with cage decorating or trips outside, etc.

Journey into a Rat's World

·
Registered
655 Posts
the stuff about smell is fab-ive never thought what my room smells like-tea on the carpet from this morning, washing powder, sweaty t shirt, bed clothes...! Smelly old world for rats!

·
Registered
814 Posts
i love how it shows you how the rat sees and how,you hear they can't see well but you never really know how well.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Did you know that scientists recently did a study and found out that rats think and remember stuff backwards.? :) Cool huh?

·
Registered
814 Posts
yea i remember reading something about that. I've noticed it more and more with my little ones.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
that memory thing sounds like a fascinating read. if you should happen to ever come across it again, could you share with me? :D i'm nerdy and love stuff like that.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
neat. well i guess i'll quit waking up early to study before a test, and just stay up later so i can sleep and recall it later! :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts