Rat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys...

One of our dear rats, Polly, died yesterday overnight. Her sister, Coco, is now alone. I would obviously love to get her a new cage mate, but we need to be rat free in the coming years, and at some point the cycle of bringing in new rats needs to stop, at least temporarily.

Coco has a very active life, gets free-roam time in the living room/dining room with us for at least a couple hours a day, usually more. We cuddle and play with her very often, and she lives in the busiest room in the apartment with a nice big cage.

Besides all the attention we can give, does anyone have advice on how to keep a lone rat happy? Coco knows a few tricks, and I figured now would be a good opportunity to teach her some more to keep her as interactive as possible.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Maybe you can consider fostering a rat? I am sorry to hear about Polly. Two of my rats just died, so my Rocco is alone. Sadly he is only a few months old :( I once read a mirror helps birds, Im not sure if it works for rats too. warm towels/blankets on cold nights so they have something to snuggle with.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Perhaps there is a forum member near you who may want to adopt your rat so he can be with others rats.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts