Rat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Venus, Dex
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. A little while ago, I wrote about my rat Venus having a pituitary tumor. We took her to the vet but the day after getting back from the vet, my other rat, Dex, started breathing weirdly. Her breathing was raspy and something was clearly wrong. I believe this was on Monday.
I'm trying to get her to the vet ASAP because after doing some research and comparing videos of other rats, I concluded that she probably has a respiratory infection.
Sadly, the vet is only open on Thursday so I haven't been able to get her proper treatment for about 2 days and we still have to wait until tomorrow afternoon until we can get her there.
Is there any way I can help her or calm down down/push back the infection?
She is full of energy and her behavior hasn't changed but I'm afraid her health will start declining quickly.
Please help!!!

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Hi and welcome, sorry to hear about your rattie. Watch for trouble breathing. Hold her to your ear and listen to her breathing. Look for poryphrin in the eyes and nose. URIs are common, and not all are life threatening. A humidifier can help, and I recommend removing any bedding that is dusty or irritating, and clean clean clean the cage to remove urine and ammonia. Good luck and let us know how she's doing.

Reactions: .ghost. and Enne
1 - 2 of 2 Posts