Rat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my rats for two years. At first i had them in the same cage before pooky, the blue rat got a very bloody nose. I have let them out at the same time but my naked rat, Winkie goes to sniff pooky which she doesn't like. Can someone help me introduce them to eachother again?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
pst my rat fell asleep in my hands.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
well the "bloody nose" was probably poryphin which is like boogers but red. ive heard of intros in bathtubs but ive never had to introduce before

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i am going to try that.please post more info for me.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
is it a good sign if pooky starts licking winkie? And if they start following eachother?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oops oh well

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
no they are licking eachother and following eachother. i will take the water out right now.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
they are now dry.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
like 4 centimeters. only enough to barely tough there tummies.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i ment touch. sorry.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
winkie is grooming pookie now.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
actually putting a little water in the tub is recommended because it distracts them from being aggressive in theory anyhoo. There is a really great sticky on this topic by CJ. You should give that a look. It's pretty much packed with all the info you'll need to know.

also licking/grooming in general is a good sign. You want to watch out for hissing, arched backs, puffed out fur, and a snarl. They will eventually begin to fight a bit but that is normal. Just read up on the sticky :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
The bath tub works great. I introduced two of my girls there 3 wks ago. Now I'm about to introduce the 2 other girls. I have two pairs and hoping to have all four girls living together soon. I also put vanilla extract right by their tails near their butt as I was advised to do. That seemed to work as well. There was no aggression, they smelled each other and hid together under the towel I put in the bottom of the bath tub (so they wouldn't slip around).

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i am going to go check to see if i have vanilla abstract. the tub i have has little bumps to prevent you from slipping. would that be okay?

·
Registered
393 Posts
pooky said:
i am going to go check to see if i have vanilla abstract. the tub i have has little bumps to prevent you from slipping. would that be okay?
Are you having trouble with introductions? If so you can use the vanilla extract but if things are going well I don't think it's necessary. And yes, the bumped tub should be fine.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i just got new stuff that is actually cat litter the vet recommended for their cages. I also got new food. i just put them in the same cage 30 minutes ago they are following eachother and grooming eachother. I am going to leave them like this over night.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts