Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Siri just passed yesterday and the heart ache is still there but I still want more rats.. I just ordered my critter nation the night before she passed.. And I don't want it to be a waste. My dad knows how much I loved having her around and snuggling with her and just having her company so he's been driving me to every pet store he can think of and showing me lots of breeders but how do you know when it's the right time to get another rat...

·
Registered
555 Posts
Siri just passed yesterday and the heart ache is still there but I still want more rats.. I just ordered my critter nation the night before she passed.. And I don't want it to be a waste. My dad knows how much I loved having her around and snuggling with her and just having her company so he's been driving me to every pet store he can think of and showing me lots of breeders but how do you know when it's the right time to get another rat...
If you're still upset over it then I'd give it a while. I waited roughly 2 weeks before I went at it again. I probably would have waited longer, but I had a lonely ratty too who needed a new friend.

I'm so sorry for your loss. It's never easy losing a pet that you loved dearly. I hope that it gets easier with each passing day and that when you're ready, you'll be happy to set up your new cage with ratty friends :)

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I'm glad that she's not in pain anymore and when my dad found her he said she looked peaceful.. He knew how much I loved that little snuggle bug.. *sigh* but not having a rat feels empty like usually I'd come home from school and have her out until I went to bed and I came home today and was like wow I really have nothing to do. I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for that little gal even if I get new ratties

·
Registered
270 Posts
It is good that you have such solid support from family members. From what I read here in the forum not everyone's family accept ratty pets. I hope you get through this, and in near future adopt another furry friend.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts