Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So one of my boy has red spots and is starting to lose fur so I’m assuming he’s got a bad case of mites and I wanna start treating him but the medicine I have says to make sure the animal doesn’t lick the spray and I don’t know how to do that? Any tips?

·
Registered
742 Posts
What are you using on them? It's hard to keep them from licking themselves or others, you'd have to separate them all. Do you have access to an oral medication?

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Im sorry your little guy is feeling uncomfortable but don't use any sort of mite treatment that gets sprayed onto their fur. It is isn't safe.

I believe you can get kitten or cat Revolution in your country try without a prescription. This would be a safer and more effective option. All you need to do is put a very small drop of the liquid on the back of their necks. It soaks into their skin and will kill mites for several weeks (until they're all dead). It would be best to treat all of your rats.

The RatGuide website has dosing instructions.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help I’ll try and find some Revolution as soon as possible. Is there anything I can do in the mean time to stop him scratching himself ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts