Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Carl is still having labored breathing, I have been trying the shower trick but I feel like nebulizing might be more affective.. do I buy an infant nebulizer? Are you able to purchase one over the counter at a pharmacy? And what do I nebulize with? and dosages? He is 787 grams
Sorry I'm just a little overwhelmed over here

·
Registered
10,641 Posts
Nebulizing can be a great thing but you need supplies from the vet, saline and possible medications. I bought my nebulizer online myself as the ones in Canadian drugstores are a fortune.Why don't we start with what oral antibiotics are you using and how long has he been on them?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A friend of mine said I can borrow her 7 year old son's nebulizer and she has some albuterol left over. Would that work? My vet still hasn't called me and by the time I thought to give them a call today they were closed and are always closed on Sundays.

Carl has been on 0.04 cc of 100mg/ml of doxy BID since December 8- this was a precaution as his brother Scabbers was sick
He started 0.08cc of 50mg/ml of baytril BID on December 18th- he started having eye discharge and labored breathing
We then put him on 1.5mg/ml of 0.1cc meloxicam SID since December 30th

I also give him about 0.04cc of booster with some yogurt at least 2 hours after his meds but was thinking of going out and buying some benebac too since he's on so many meds- the only issue i can see right now is his labored breathing- he's eating great and has even started to play with scabbers again - but not as much as he use to still- his breathing is just very labored but his ears and feet are always a nice shade of pink- also been sticking him in the bathroom and let the hot water run for about half an hour each day
i just feel awful and feel like i am not doing enough to help him

1 - 3 of 3 Posts