Rat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to get peoples IP adresses when they post videos if ILLEGAL cruelty and report them to the authoritys?

·
Registered
94 Posts
It depends on where and how its posted. I know some forums like this log IPs.

The problem with that is trying to get something done. Also most IPs are dynamic so the person with that address now might not be the same person as when the video was posted.

Some ISPs log their IPs and some dont. This is a probelm the a large orginazation going after people sharing things was having problems getting this info from ISPs.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see a bit like speeding tickets, you just say you wernt driving that day and you dont know who was :(
Do you know if the accounts people hold (myspace in this case) are enough to prosecute someone?

·
Registered
418 Posts
I know the Spca for my County has a humane law office.. but it is just for this county. You would probably have to find out where this person lives and report it to their areas humane law set-up, If they live in another area or even another country I could not see anyone near you wanting to deal with it.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I know Myspace has a area where you can report images, it is possible there is a place for reporting users... but Myspace would most likely just make them get rid of the offensive content, they couldn't do much more than that except ban them from myspace all together. This person would probably then just go to facebook or somewhere else.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I will ask my father when I get ahold of him.. hes a Sargeant of police.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Aren't dynamic IP's mostly from dial up connections? I would imagine dynamic IPs are getting less and less this day in age.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Ok yhea my father says that things can be done against the person. You would just have to find out where they live and report it to their local Humane Law office. The thing is if they have been dumb enough to put enough or all their personal info up for anyone to see. All you would probably need is a last name and a county or city. If not, then you get into the whole IP address stuff.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK well I can try, all I can do is send the information on screen-username, loction, url, sex, age photo-
I can try....
Looks like I'll be kicked off my other rats forum :( they dont allow any discussion of feeder rats ect
Much as a love this one fancy-rats is more active and I have allready met someone in real life from it who lives in Glasgow. It was nice to be part of the UK rat community. Even if Im not deleted I'll feel bad going back, Im surprised how sad I feel. Hmm should have read the rules :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts