Rat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have soft flex 25' rat tube that I need to make sure is parasite free and completely clean. I don't necessarily know that it had anything, but I want to be completely certain because I will be introducing new rats soon. It is made of thin plastic, like in the photo below. How do you recommend I go about this? Thank you in advance!
tube.jpg

·
Registered
770 Posts
I would say you could just fill a tub with a mix af warm water and vinagar and soak it for like an hour.

·
Registered
608 Posts
How much vinegar would you add to the tub?
I'd say a while gallon from the dollar store. Maybe two if you wanna be extra careful. Though, I'm not sure what type of plastic that it. It could absorb the vinegar scent and deter the rats from using it. It it's compressed enough you can put it in the freezer for 72 hours to kill some parasites, like mites. For lice you'll want to drown them in hot water(I'm not sure how long it should be submerged in hot water, but it needs to be hot to kill them quickly).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'd say a while gallon from the dollar store. Maybe two if you wanna be extra careful. Though, I'm not sure what type of plastic that it. It could absorb the vinegar scent and deter the rats from using it. It it's compressed enough you can put it in the freezer for 72 hours to kill some parasites, like mites. For lice you'll want to drown them in hot water(I'm not sure how long it should be submerged in hot water, but it needs to be hot to kill them quickly).
Okay, thanks! Actually, maybe I could fit it in the freezer...I might need to go eat a few pizzas now. ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts