Rat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my two girls who've only ever traveled from the pet store to my house, and that was a while ago. But now I have to travel to and from my aunt's house for thanksgiving, which is probably a 1-2 hour drive. So far, I have a cat carrier (made of plastic, wire door, all that jazz), I know you're supposed to have a no-drip bottle, food, and a blanket/papers. I really wish I didn't have to make them travel with me, but is there anything to make it easier/safer for them? I want them to have a comfy experience for this whole thing, especially because I'll have to take them with me for christmas too. I don't have a friend in town that I can leave them with, so any help/advice would be greatly appreciated! ;D And yes, they do have a (smaller than their usual) cage to stay in at my aunt's house ;D

·
Premium Member
4,287 Posts
First off get them used to the carrier, have it out and open during free range so they begin to see it as a bit of a second home. I have a hammock and water bottle in mine, then scatter a bit of food plus some wet fruit / veg for an extra moisture sauce (none drip bottles aren't useually actually none drip lol). Melon or cucumber go donw best here.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts