Rat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone...new here... obviously.
Picked up my first little rat baby the other day. I know its always better to keep them in pairs or more, but theres a certain condition as to why this little guy is alone right now, hes a sneezer! I got him from that horrid palce called petco. I was in there buying catfood for this stray kitten i've been feeding at work. Some guy and his girl bought the other two rats in the cage and he was left there all alone. I couldnt leave him all by himself. We have a 4pm appointment at the vet tommorow to get him checked out and hopefully some good meds that arent gonna break the bank too much!

Besides the sneezing and the paranoa that i have of him being fatally ill, everything is all good. As soon as i opened up the little carry box he was in I reached in scooped him up and plopped him up on my shoulder. He seemed a liitle suprised at first but within literally minutes he was running up and down my arms, sniffing my ears and neck, licking my earlobes and grooming himself on my shoulder. We get along pretty well. 8)

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Wow, that was really nice of you to save the little guy. Hopfully the vet will get him on some meds and make him feel a bit better, Im sure he will. :) Anyways welcome to the forum and be sure to post some pictures of your new rattie and his new home!

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Aww, what a heartthrob! :D You got yourself a keeper, there.

The sneezing could be the "normal" settling-in (though him being from a pet store does raise the risk that it's an illness), but I'm glad to hear you're getting a check-up just in case. Once you've got the all-clear, you may want to find him a friend. Be sure to do a quarantine so your little guy doesn't get sick [again]!

Welcome to the forums. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
really glad you took him home i would have too with a cute little face like that!

glad to hear your getting him checked out too! :lol:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks everyone for the welcomes.
He cooperated great today at the vet...no biting, no squirming. Gave me a 10 day dose of antibiotics. Oral drops, twice a day.

Then we went to my mothers where he got to play with my 7 year old sister and her friend. They couldnt get enough of him. He was sitting on there heads..running up there arms. It was definetly a "kodak moment", lol.

·
Registered
798 Posts
lol welcome!
I always love to hear stories about people who don't own rats having fun and playing with them because I get the whole stereotype alot around here, most people think rats are dirty and such, when I'm at work I usually have a rat on my shoulder and if people aren't thinking its an over grown mouse they're asking me how on earth i can touch them.. it makes me angry, but its well worth it to see the looks on their faces when i tell them that i have 6 of the lil buggers :D god i love my rats :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts