Rat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I'm a new rat owner. I've ratsit before, but this is my first time with two of my own ratties. :3 I have one male and one female, they are Ruby and Sapphire. They are white with black hoods. :) Sapphire is adventurous and curious about everything, very friendly (she's the female). And Ruby is more shy, doesn't really let anyone hold him just yet, but I'm confident that I can gain his trust. They are both 8 months old still exploring their habitats. I'm excited to get to know them and make friends here! :3

Attachments

·
Registered
437 Posts
Hey, welcome!

Your ratties are adorable, do you mind me asking if the little guy is neutered, you wouldn't want to end up with more rats than you bargained for! :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He is not yet. For now I am housing the separately until I get him neutered, then the plan is to house them together. :)

·
Registered
437 Posts
Ah, fair enough. Neutered males make great companions for female rats! I've kept two separate mischiefs with a neutered male and several females and they've both worked out great. Don't worry about Ruby's shyness, some rats tend to be a little more wary but will still warm up to you when you bond with them. Good luck with your new additions. :)

·
Registered
996 Posts
More Texans! Hello fellow Texan! I'm not in Dallas, but I have a vet to recommend (or several if you're willing to travel a tad) if you wish. They do spays and neuters on rats for a very low price. Let me know if you want their info.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
More Texans! Hello fellow Texan! I'm not in Dallas, but I have a vet to recommend (or several if you're willing to travel a tad) if you wish. They do spays and neuters on rats for a very low price. Let me know if you want their info.

I would love their info!! Thank you so much! :)

·
Registered
996 Posts
I've PMed you the website for the vet closest to you. I can send you the info for ones farther away (other side of fort worth) if you want, though. Just let me know. :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've PMed you the website for the vet closest to you. I can send you the info for ones farther away (other side of fort worth) if you want, though. Just let me know.
I got it!! Thank you so much for the info. :) Im actually in McKinney, so Allen works perfectly for me.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Oh, perfect! You're much closer to them than I am, lol. I have to drive an hour and 15 minutes to get there. Well worth it, though, at those prices.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts