Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm juneeily, and I live in Nebraska. Super duper exciting!!! I'm a rat mommy, and I love to tell people about them. It just gets really irritating when you hear people say that you're stupid to get a pet that is "known" for it's viciousness. Puh. It's better to keep quiet and have people think you're ignorant than to open your mouth and confirm it. Juneau is my baby, and I love him with every beat of my heart. I don't think I could have done what I have without him.

He's helped me through my horrible obsession with the movie Phantom of the Opera (ask me anything about it, and I can answer you). He helped me to feel more...confident when playing my flute with someone watching, with made me go from 7th chair to first in 6 months. He loves Star Wars, too. He told me. OK, but he likes to watch movies with me, anyway. Lord of the Rings was the first...can't remember which...

He likes reading, too, apparently. Whenever I read with him crawling around in his free range time, he always comes over to him and sits on my shoulder to look at my book. You tell me what this means. He makes me feel bad late at night when I'm reading and he's in his cage doing nothing, when he could be getting free range time. My baby!!

Juneau is the biggest inspiration to my steps towards animal cruelty awareness and prevention. He and his sisters. Them because their owner, my sister, neglects them to the point that I'm the only one who plays with them. Poor angels...anyway. Without Juneau, I wouldn't have started to watch Animal Planet, which showed me how blind I've been my entire life to that problem. To Fear Factor, for example. That is the first step into this for me.

I have a problem with how I write. I can, apparently, write like I'm being sarcastic, or mean, or something, when I'm not. Really bad habit, I guess. It only happens when I'm tired or distracted (with Juneau climbing into the drawer of the desk).

Like I said earlier, I'm a band geek. I play flute and piccolo, and this year, I've gotten first chair, and therefore section leader. It's my proudest achievement in a long time.

More recently, I've landed the lead role in my school's summer show. This is, by far, the best part I've ever gotten. I'd had Bean 3, Tammy (who was written for a boy. "Tom"), and techie. I wanted techie, but I still had no curtain call. I hate the choir director and drama director for that one. I'm a musician, though. I can't imagine that my heart will stay in memorizing lines instead of notes. Want to know how much so? Instead of looking at the scenes in a movie, I usually listen to the music. I knew what instrument they added to the new Harry Potter movie's trailer, but I had no idea what went on in the commercial. Bad habits. Same with Star Wars' main theme. Did you know there's a piccolo run going up at the end of the first phrase running up and another later on running down? I'd never noticed it before a couple of weeks ago when I'd just finished watching Episode II. Real interesting stuff right there.

So, in other words, I'm the most boring human being you'll ever meet!! :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi there, you definitely don't sound boring at all :) I can't wait until our rats trust us enough to come out of the cage more and more, at the moment only two of them are friendly and trusting enough to come out and sit on the sofa with is x

1 - 3 of 3 Posts