Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am new to this forum. Actually, I am kinda new to forums altogether. Also a new rat mommy. My baby's name is Snuffleupagus. He is a white rat with a bit of grey on his shoulders and around his ears. I love him to pieces, and we are becoming the best of friends. I joined this forum because I hope to share my love for him with others who also love rats and to get advice for making sure he lives a long and healthy, HAPPY life.

Right now, he is my only rat, and I know that most people say that to have just 1 rat is a major no no, so I wanted to check here. I spend as much time with him as possible, sometimes up to 8 hours with him out of the cage. If I can manage to keep him out of the cage and spend time with him like this, will he still need another friend?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Welcome to the forum :)

·
Registered
190 Posts
I'd recommend getting him a playmate. It's good to socialize with your rat, but they need socialization from their OWN species too. But if you have them both neutered (or have Snuffles neutered, and get a female) they should be fast friends! Make sure to look around the forum and read about intros.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks very much. I am also going to be looking into getting a bigger "house". Once I have more room for them, I will definitely get a second or even third rat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts