Rat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, everyone!

My name is Jaimee! I am a new rat owner; I’ve had my girls for 3 weeks now. Patty and Selma (I’m a Simpsons fan) are still pretty shy, but we’re working on it every day!

I fell in love with rats during an internship at a zoo. I had to do a project about an animal coming into the collection and I was assigned the domestic rat. It was tons of fun learning a lot of interesting facts about them and even planning the set up for when they arrived. They, too, were shy when they joined the collection, but quickly learned about their daily treat cups (fresh fruits and veggies) and came around :)

I love spending time with my rats and trying new enrichment ideas with them! I have some experience in training and I can’t wait to teach them some neat tricks!

Looking forward to participating in the forum and learning a lot from the rest of you guys!

-Jaimee

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think I need one more post, so I'll post some photos of my pets!

Cat Mammal Vertebrate Small to medium-sized cats Felidae
Sophie and Penelope snuggling.
Cat Small to medium-sized cats Felidae Whiskers Kitten
Sophie checking out some snow!
Cat Felidae Small to medium-sized cats Whiskers Kitten
Penelope, as usual, hiding in almost empty water bottle packages!
Pond turtle Tortoise Turtle Reptile Kinosternidae
Petey!
Rat Muridae Gerbil Muroidea Degu
Selma :)

Patty is a speed demon, so I have yet to get a decent picture of her!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I got some new rats recently and i wanted to call them Patty and Selma too but my boyfriend insisted they be called Lemon and Lime haha anyway I'm new to this forum too, I'm looking forward to finding out how to teach my rats some tricks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts