Rat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would go ahead and introduce myself. I am a first time rat owner with a one sweet little white rat named Jezebel. Yes, I only have the one, but she seems pretty happy with the situation.

I'm looking forward to poking my nose around the forums and gleaning information to make her the happiest rat I can.

Thanks for being around and posting!

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Welcome!

Even though she seems happy alone, I would still suggest getting her a cuddle-friend. :)

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know how she would adjust to having another rat around all the time. I've had her for a little over a year, and I think she was a little older when I got her. I also don't know that my cage has room for another rattie. I have this one:

http://www.petco.com/product/8335/Coast-Cages-Ritz-Chinchilla-or-Rat-Cage.aspx

I've had her play with my mum's rat, and they get along okay, but if left to their own devices they start to brawl a little bit. The also seem to assume submissive or dominant roles depending on whose household we're in. Since she's my first rat, I don't have a lot of experience personally, all I have is what I've researched online and in books.

What do you think?

·
Registered
527 Posts
welcome!
you read everywhere that rats are happier when they have at least one companion, so i'd usually suggest getting another rat.
BUT, seeing as she's been living happily on her own for over a year, i don't think she'd really NEED one in this case.
but i may be wrong..i'm still new to rats! ;]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts