Rat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been almost a year since I got Alfie. He's never been entirely keen on me; doesn't like being picked up, doesn't want cuddles, but will accept face scritches inside his cage only. Outside of it he's got things to do, and I'm just a jungle gym. Last night, after playing with the babies, I got the big guys out for some play time, and I lay down on my bed with them, phone in hand (opportune picture taking you know). The boys ran around for a while, and when Alfie settled down for a nap, he laid down in front of me, reached out and started grooming me. D'AAWWW! Cutest freaking thing ever! He's not done that before.. Not unless I have applesauce on my fingers.

I just had to share.

·
Banned
6,244 Posts
Some rats just don't seem to be the snugly type. That doesn't mean they don't love you. Strangely, out of the blue, they do something sweet. And yes, it's a great feeling when it happens.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Tempy has always been super skittish. When he was little he would freeze in terror every time we touched him and he'd fear poop if you picked him up. I worked with him a LOT and he's warmed up to me quite a bit. When he's in the cage I can pet him and he'll lick mt fingers. When he's out he'll occasionally jump up in my lap and snuggle with me for a couple minutes. But it's still rare, so every time is special. But I remember the first time. I was so excited. I think I posted a similar thread about it. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.