Rat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got 2 lovely little girl rats. My daughter insisted on it, and I am so glad she did! I had mice (among other animals) growing up, but this is my first time having rats. My daughter picked their names out...Twyla and Venus. Super sweet girls that have seemed to bond with us quickly as we have with them! Twyla is a little bigger and darker in color than Venus. Their first face to face meeting was in the bath tub so it would be neutral, but there was no problem at all, and they were instant friends. Any advice or suggestions on how to make them as happy and comfortable as possible is welcomed:)

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! We are:). We were so excited to get them, and I posted pictures on my fb of my daughter holding them with the biggest smile. I was surprised and quite disappointed with all the negativity I encountered for having them, and having my children so involved with them, but we LOVE these girls!:) And I am thinking of adopting another one soon.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Aww they look gorgeous including your daughter! Hope you enjoy them, just be careful when doing introductions as sometimes there can be major issues and you will need a back up if things don't go as planned, make sure you read the immersion threads on here very carefully before hand. Ive had intros take months before, its not always easy although I wish it was lol! good luck, you will get plenty of support from this forum!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Congratulations on your new pets. Twyla is a beautifully marked hooded and Venus is a very pretty variberk (I hope I got the names right.) And your daughter is absolutely adorable. What a cute little smile!

Glad that the intros went well!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts