Rat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Welcome!

She's very cute... is it possible to go back and get one of her sisters? Rats do best in groups. :)

·
Registered
527 Posts
hi and welcome!
i was wondering if the ratty is a boy or a girl..because you refer it as both male and female. :?
it's very cute though..looks like my girls! =)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hehe... I read some trepidation in your blog about bringing home the new guy. I'll bet you $20 s/he'll win you over faster than you expect... a lot of us have been, or live with people who at first weren't too thrilled with the idea of a rat, and now they're devoted rat lovers.

As for rats being diurnal... I hate to be the one to bring it up, but probably in all the activity at the school, the little guy couldn't sleep, and so learned to stay awake. As time goes by, don't be surprised to see him sleeping more during the day and staying awake at night.

That said, I sleep in a small room with my rats, and as long as their wheel is kept oiled (vegetable oil is my new best friend) and I don't make the mistake of giving them a noisy new toy (i.e. a piece of paper to tear up) before bed, they're actually really pretty quiet, so I wouldn't worry too much.

And yes, you'd have a much happier pet if you could go grab one of her sister for her to play with... two isn't any more work to take care of than one, and they'll keep each other (and you!) very entertained.

Welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
My rats get up at various points during the day... they adapt to what they're given. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok I will try and find a companion for her. Yep she's a her and I corrected that error of calling her both!!!

I do have a cat in the house. Even tho' Oreo is in her cage upstairs, and the cat doesn't even know she's there, is that going to be a problem?

http://onaridge.blogspot.com

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Many people have cats with rats without trouble. :)

·
Registered
627 Posts
^Yeah, we've got a cat, and there's no problem. Just be carful, that's all:)

Welcome, by the way!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Great thanks, my son will be glad to hear that!

Stay tuned for more pics when I get a chance on my blog.

·
Registered
263 Posts
XD I'm glad to hear it too! Another reason getting a rat is okay ^^

How old is your son?

Oreo is darling! Great job, letting your son keep 'er ^w^

1 - 14 of 14 Posts