Rat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Strelok & Nimble
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was fine until it came time to assemble the side pieces. The usual, from what I understand, common issue with the pegs not fitting in the squares. I double checked with the red squares to make sure the metal squares were the right shape, adjusted with pliers when necessary, and checked again. The red pegs that hold the shape of the squares all fit perfectly in the metal squares - yet I cannot get the metal round pegs into them. I cannot, for the life of me, figure out what's wrong. I can see the bottom circle hole perfectly through the square holes, and two sides (the sides by the door side) fit, while the back sides don't. The round pegs don't seem to be crooked either. I've literally put my entire weight on the sides trying to shove the pegs in to see if it was just some resistance, but nothing.

Any advice? I'm extremely frustrated.

·
Registered
Strelok & Nimble
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Something I've notice is that if one side fits (i.e the pegs by the door side fit), then the other side won't. I cannot figure it out.

·
Registered
The Gang 🌈 RIP Cloud ❤️
708 Posts
It was fine until it came time to assemble the side pieces. The usual, from what I understand, common issue with the pegs not fitting in the squares. I double checked with the red squares to make sure the metal squares were the right shape, adjusted with pliers when necessary, and checked again. The red pegs that hold the shape of the squares all fit perfectly in the metal squares - yet I cannot get the metal round pegs into them. I cannot, for the life of me, figure out what's wrong. I can see the bottom circle hole perfectly through the square holes, and two sides (the sides by the door side) fit, while the back sides don't. The round pegs don't seem to be crooked either. I've literally put my entire weight on the sides trying to shove the pegs in to see if it was just some resistance, but nothing.

Any advice? I'm extremely frustrated.
I definitely understand this frustration! While setting up my Double Critter Nation, I had to disassemble it twice 🫣 The red outlines are meant for packaging only, are you trying to assemble the cage with them still on?

Reactions: s__k

·
Registered
Strelok & Nimble
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I definitely understand this frustration! While setting up my Double Critter Nation, I had to disassemble it twice 🫣 The red outlines are meant for packaging only, are you trying to assemble the cage with them still on?
I wasn't! I used them mostly just to make sure the metal squares were the right size, but took them out when actually trying to put it together. Unfortunately I ended up unable to get it to fit, so I went about it a different way and flipped the wheelstand over, took out the plastic pegs that were on the bottom (wasn't planning on using the wheels) and fit the metal pegs from the actual cage into the legs/feet of the wheelstand, so the wheelstand was upside down. Surprisingly, it worked!

·
Registered
The Gang 🌈 RIP Cloud ❤️
708 Posts
I wasn't! I used them mostly just to make sure the metal squares were the right size, but took them out when actually trying to put it together. Unfortunately I ended up unable to get it to fit, so I went about it a different way and flipped the wheelstand over, took out the plastic pegs that were on the bottom (wasn't planning on using the wheels) and fit the metal pegs from the actual cage into the legs/feet of the wheelstand, so the wheelstand was upside down. Surprisingly, it worked!
What a creative solution! Good job figuring it out, they can be so hard to assemble sometimes!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts