Rat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
they have apperently changed the packaging of the rat food i have always used well i wasnt falling for that! i looked at it theres some new things in there a hella more seeds dryed fruit and even citrus! i cant just changed my rats diets at the click of a finger! what am i ment to do i have under two days worth of the old food left!

·
Registered
482 Posts
That sucks, they should have a press release or something. Perhaps they did and you didn't see it. Maybe they have a mailing list, with news and things? I don't know. If they don't they they are idiots. Sorry to hear about your dilemma!

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
i've never had a problem switching rats to different food. at most the first little bit the food was ignored while they waited to see if it was ok. once they realized i hadn't poisoned them and got over the sulk from the difference they were fine. i've never had health issues switching foods. i don't think you need to panic, just find a suitable food within the days you have left and don't worry about it. at most they're going to have loose stool for about a day, if that.

·
Registered
10,641 Posts
yeah twitch is right on the nailhead there. :) I take in rescues from all sorts of situations, I am sure the food I am giving them is never the same as they were used to. I might have some loose poop for a day or so but they bounce back quickly :)

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
luckly the new pellet food they have they love they scoff it down! i took it to my vets and he said it was fine for them! i think i did it well lol i introduced the food as a treat when they did something good and my greedy boys never turn away treats lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts