Rat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I've been noticing that my rat won't drink out of her bottle. I was wondering, could she drink out of a dish? Or would she just tip it? Any help is much appreciated.
XX -BobbieTheRat馃惥

Registered
Why do you think your rat can't drink from the bottle? Is the bottle not working properly? Do you see your other rats drinking from the bottle?

Registered
Some rats love drinking from an open water source (my rats definitely do), you can try buying a clip on water dishe for your rat to drink from she may like that more.

Registered
If your rat has the ability to drink, she's drinking. You can use a water dish if you want but she'll never use the bottle if the dish is an option. Water dishes can get dirty quickly so they'll require more maintenance than a bottle. A water dish that clips on to the bars of the cage, like Rex the Rat suggested, will stay cleaner than a bowl that sits on the ground. If it were me, though, I'd just stick with the water bottle that she's currently drinking out of.

Registered
I have a water bottle for my babies which they do fine with but I found a hooded bird food bowl that clips onto the cage and they love drinking out of that way more than the bottle. The hood prevents them from getting the water dirty and is easy to take on and off for cleaning/filling! Rats get dehydrated easily but if your girl is fine she is most likely drinking.. just maybe when you鈥檙e not looking?

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
I have a water bottle for my babies which they do fine with but I found a hooded bird food bowl that clips onto the cage and they love drinking out of that way more than the bottle. The hood prevents them from getting the water dirty and is easy to take on and off for cleaning/filling! Rats get dehydrated easily but if your girl is fine she is most likely drinking.. just maybe when you鈥檙e not looking?
Thank you, Amanda, yes, she is fine, I guess I was just being paranoid. I didn't need to refill the bottle for 3 1/2 weeks, so I guess that's what worries me. But yes, she is drinking.

Xx, Bobbie.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts