Rat Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I have two female dumbo rats who are at 3 years or a little above and are sisters, well one of them looks like she may pass soon while the other is still so energetic like a child. The one i am worried about had some sort of tumor or cist under her left leg but it went away for the most part but she has me so scared right now. She's barely moving around and has stopped cleaning herself, barely eats because she has a hard time lifting her head over the food dish(when she does try to eat it she doesnt use her front paws anymore, she tries to like sit up? she had her mouth against the her arm to hold her food i guess and she keeps falling over) and because her sister buries all their toys on top of the food. I don't know what to for for her, besides what i have done: added a second dish on the bottom floor of the cage, lowered a water bottle so she doesn't have to life her head, and added a bed at the bottom of the cage so she can get all things she needs and sleep without risk of climbing around and falling. She has already fallen a few times and scared me so bad.. but i don't understand why her sister is so healthy compared to her. I know that rats need companions to make them happy but these are older girls... if she does pass, should i introduce younger baby rats to the other sister? If so could you explain how and any tips you may have, and could they be fancies instead of dumbos in case i cant find any baby dumbos?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts